Primary and Specialty Care Practitioners – Medical Office Staff
A 15 to 30-minute training module that will help medical staff understand how to work effectively with patients with disabilities and who are seniors to ensure that healthcare services are effective.
- How to Use the Training Material
- Two resources for questions that can be customized for use in the individual/member/patient registration appointment setting process, as well as in the inpatient assessment process. Questions cover needs related to communication access, physical access, and medical equipment access.
- Checklist for Readily Achievable Barrier Removal
- Improving Accessibility with Limited Resources Ideas, illustrations and examples of low-cost barrier removal
- Introduction to Hassle Factors: Frustration, Fear, Fatigue and Failure A four-minute video presentation
- Language Tips: Preferred Terms regarding People with Disabilities
- Model Policies and Procedures
- Video Series on Problems People with Disabilities, including Seniors, Encounter in Health Care
- Who are People with Disabilities and Activity Limitations? A 14-minute video presentation